Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Jareth's Take: The First Class


Hi everyone, I’m back from spring break. I’m also getting ready to watch the new videos. The videos are from March 30. On the first day, the younger kids were getting to know each other.  They were doing name games and playing Follow The Dance Leader.

The dance leader game is when one of the kids from the group goes up to the front and leads everyone. When a leaders chooses a dance move everyone follows that dance move at the same time. I think this is a great game to play with other kids because it helps them get to know each other.



Then the group played My Favorite Place. My Favorite Place game is when the person comes up to the front and acts out the setting of their favorite place. They also act out three things they do there and the rest of the group does it too.

Mikey, the assistant playwright did an example of an amusement park that was his favorite. The three things that he shows are the roller coaster, watching fireworks and playing in the bumper cars. I liked it because of the amusement park that he describes.



Nicholas showed us his three favorite Broadway shows, which were The Lion King, The Blue Man Group and Newsies. I like this presentation because it makes me want to go to see these Broadway shows.



Kendall showed us that he was at castle acting a scene from Beauty and the Beast. He did scenes of the dance and being attack by wolves. The last part is when the beast turns back into a prince. I think he did a great job of being the beast.


My Favorite Place looked like it was a fun game to do. If I'd been in class, I would have chosen Best Buy. The three things I would have acted out are showing the movies section, electronics section and the video games section.

I hope to see you guys next week!

-       Jareth

No comments:

Post a Comment