Saturday, March 30, 2013

Curtains Up! is starting!!!!!

Hello everyone!!!

It's FINALLY here... Daytime Moon's spring program, Curtains Up! I don't know about you, but I feel like I've been waiting forever. Without a fall extracurricular program, it's been almost a year since we've seen some of our regular actors, so the whole programming staff and I have been anxiously waiting for the chance to see everyone again.

But today's the day! I'm thrilled to say that we have 9 actors in our group this spring--6 returners and 3 new folks! All of our volunteers are super excited, and Liz, Michelle, Ella, Mikey and I have been counting down the days. Curtains Up! is going to run on Saturdays starting today (!!!!!) and going through our final performance on May 18th. Michelle, our playwright, will be working with Mikey, our amazing new intern, to write a play based on the creative characters that our actors come up with. Ella will be assisting me with the teaching and direction of the play, and Liz is supervising our staff of 7 amazing volunteers. We're a big group this spring, but I can already tell that the room will be full of so much joy each week.

Rich, our new social media intern, will be with us in the classroom each week, taking photos and videos and sharing updates over Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. So be sure to follow us so you can see the amazing work our group is doing! And, of course, Jareth and Megan will be posting weekly updates with videos and photos from the classroom.

Every time we start a new program, I reminisce about how far we've come. In the Fall of 2010, after three years of dreaming, we launched our first program. "Superfriends: With Our Powers Combined" had a cast of 4 actors, 3 of whom are still performing with us and will join us again this spring! And today, we begin our EIGHTH full-length program and begin working on our eighth original play celebrating the unique and exceptional actors in our group. I couldn't be more proud of the amazing group of teachers, volunteers, and actors who've gotten us here.

So you can share with me in this lovely walk down memory lane, I've dug up a few classic videos from our history:

This first video is a profile by Sedera Ranaivoarinosy about Daytime Moon Creations' first program:





In this next video, two long-time Daytime Moon actors, Teddy and Nicky, perform "Free To Do Whatever We Want (The Fourth of July Song)" the song that they wrote in the Music Class during Daytime Moon's Summer 2012 Workshop Series:




And finally, come backstage of Daytime Moon's Spring 2012 performance of "Magic Island":



I hope you're as excited as I am about this spring!

See you in class,
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment